A strip in the bedroom

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Theclockworks

Reaction score
Thought that would get your attention,having a spring clean the other day in workshop/bedroom (which is quite convenient at 2 pm when you can't sleep you can make a few chips)I found the brass jib strips that arrived from Ark Euro Trade 6 months ago ,so decided it was time I fitted them twenty minutes later it was like having a new lathe,why didn I do earlier,I can now take bigger cuts with a better finish without the top slide doing a nose dive and the big bonus is parting off without holding my breath waiting for the Big Bang or the motor stalling. The lathe is a Amadeal CJ18. The usual disclosure I have no monetary interest in either company,but I have to say both give excellent service at a competitive pricing
P.S the image shows before and after the face cut with the steel strip ,the outer cut with the brass strip the difference is quite obvious.

image.jpg

Workshop/bedroom sounds great. Any pics ??

This is one corner, I have my mini mill in another corner I feel for all those with workshops out side in this cold and damp weather.the only down side is I must clean up every day lol

image.jpg

Great setup Clockworks. Thanks for the pics.

Back