4 X 6 band saw stand

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

putputman

Reaction score
After reading a lot of posts I see that I was not the only one having problems with the 4 X 6 band saws. I bought my first one 20 + years ago. Used it on a ton of projects. It seems every time I moved it I would have trouble cutting square. It was also a nuisance to have to move and adjust the material stand also. The saw was O.K., but the stand for these saws are "junk".

I finally took the time to build a frame or stand and have been very pleased with it every since. I find I seldom ever have to do any adjusting to maintain a good square cut. The frame also eliminated the need for a material stand for pieces shorter than 4-5 feet, depending on weight of the material. It is easy to move around and because it is a three point stand, it will set anywhere without distorting the saw.

SawStand4X6001.jpg

SawStand4X6002.jpg

The original saw "crapped out" on me in the middle of a big project a couple years ago. I didn't want to take the time to fix it (after all those years it kind of paid for itself) so I bought a new one. It was a Jet and I don't remember the name of the 1st one. After all those years, the frame was almost identical to the old one. I merely set the new one on the stand, drilled mounting holes in it, adjusted the roller height to match the saw table, & was done.

Adjust the roller height after the saw is mounted.

SawStand4X6003.jpg

It also works for a vertical band saw.

SawStand4X6004.jpg

I will put a drawing in the download section for anyone who might be interested in making a stand.

I agree with you Arv......doesn't get more practical than that!

Great lateral thinking on that one putputman!

Dave

Great idea for the vertical table!

The sheet metal table that came with my saw is a PITA to put on and isn't
as stable as I'd like it to be once it is on.

Another project on the "todo" list.

Rick

Latest posts

Back