2700lb lathe boo boo by shipping company

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How could the driver NOT notice his truck now weighing a few tons less ? Rof}

Steam turbine drop. Bet there was some changing of the shorts after this one !!

Hmm, embedded YouTube doesn't appear to work correctly ??

www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXRo-UwDN7M

Oh I am sure he knew he dropped it, just panicked and kept on going. I was impressed the state police found out where it came from. We bought it at least third hand, ten years earlier, from a company that had gone bankrupt.

John

About 15 years ago one of my extruder projects was delayed for several weeks when the manufacturer managed to drop the extruder they were building for us about 10-12 feet. One of the lifting straps failed as the completely assembled extruder, that had been fully tested, was being moved into the paint shop for painting prior to shipment. As the strap failed, the extruder dropped onto the 600 Hp motor smashing it and continued to roll over onto the gearbox damaging it. I was told that the extruder went through the 8" concrete floor of the shop. Fortunately the shop was on a slab so there was nothing below it that could have been hurt.

A few years later while working for a different company on another extruder project, the moving contractor dropped a different extruder, while transferring it from the cargo aircraft to the truck. This extruder was smaller, only 300 Hp.

I haven't done any extruder projects since then, I think maybe I'm jinxed or something.

Don

Latest posts

Back