Template for fingerscrews and threaded handles

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi thanks for posting
one question what is that greay stuff you are spraying them with

cheers

Luc, it looks like the oil is clear, it just appears grey when he starts to spread it around. On a freshly sandblasted part the steel surface looks light grey, once the oil is put on it, the surface appears darker.

Paul.

Hi Luc, it looks like Ksor is just oiling the knobs after sandblasting.

Paul.

Yeah, just plain light oil - if you don't oil it the moisture in the air will make it rust in few hours when it's just sandblasted.

I like that gray satin finish ... anyway, better than all the scratches from the filing and deburring ! :hDe:

Had a big sandblaster at work, it was great for covering up file marks and scratches on parts, and gave a nice even finish.

Paul.

Had a big sandblaster at work, it was great for covering up file marks and scratches on parts, and gave a nice even finish.

Paul.

Yeah, that's what I have done here too ... and they look nice all of them ;D

Paul.

Sigh. Missed my DIY 12'H x 5' x 5' ''WheelerBrator'' Steel Shot Blasting Machine c/w DIY Dust Extractor, used to blast rust of air receivers before spray painting. With the plant shutdown and Gussy's laid off same went to the scrap mercants. :rant:

Back