Swift752

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Swift752

Reaction score
Hi guys. I want to introduce myself to the Forum.I hope I do it right.
I have a 9x20 lathe, benchtop mill, bit grinder, a Taig Micro Lathe and a band saw plus all the usual things needed to make them useful.
I fly RC planes for which I often machine things plus things for my freinds. I fly real planes, most recently a 1948 Swift, thus my name, and right now a 1977 Cessna Cardinal. I have made parts for these planes under the guidance of a licensed mechanic.
I have made a Tochtrop Economy Hit & Miss plus his Atkinson too. Both start first flip and run great. Great sounds! I have made many steam engines that I run on compressed air. I think boilers are messy and dangerous. I have made horizontal and a vertical mill engines, a walking beam, a two cylinder tug boat from Rudy Koulhoup, a vertical wobbler, and a flame eater. I'll post some pics and will be glad to answer any questions you might have.
Thanks for the welcome to the Forum. My firstforum so we'll see how it goes. Swift752

img-0424.jpg

Latest posts

Back