Fall 2008 Harvest Fest @ Antique Gas & Steam Engine Museum, Vista, CA

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChooChooMike

Reaction score
The Antique Gas and Steam Engine Museum in Vista, CA (north of San Diego/Carlsbad) is having their annual Fall Harvest Festival on Sat/Sun 10/18-19 and Sat/Sun 10/25-26.

They have their Harvest Festival in June and October where many old engines - gas, steam, diesel are fired up and running. There's a whole row of steam engines of all sorts and another whole row of old hit/miss engines, diesel generators, etc. Fascinating ! Many model engines are on display. Sherline has had a booth there the last couple of years. Great for them since their headquarters/manufacturing plant is nearby. All kinds of people set up booths to show off their old iron. There's a daily parade of old tractors, farm equipment, bulldozers, steam traction and more ! Always a kick to see these old diesel generators powered up and spitting out electricity, used to be very very common !

http://agsem.com/2008coupon06.html

Flyer page :

http://agsem.com/show.html

Mike

Mike: No special show on when I took a tour of that place in Vista but an interesting tour for anyone who likes old engines.

Stan,

If you're in the neighborhood, it's well worth a stop during the next 2 weekends :) Lots of engines operating that you probably will never see anywhere else ! I've been there a number of times (am a member too), and plan on going one of those days.

Mike

Mike: I would love to go as I am a member of a large museum where I live, but where I live is way North of the 49th. I have a son in Fallbrook who I go to visit when my wife is able to travel. Stan

I was just down there this past Sat for a gem & mineral show. Most the booth, bleachers, kiosks, etc are set up in preparation for the upcoming 2 weekends. :)

Latest posts

Back