I'm In For a Working Weekend

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rake60

Reaction score
We fell into a great deal and bought enough laminate flooring to do the entire first
floor of our house.

Wait, I need the proper tools.
Like these:

FlooringTools.jpg

Then I see this little 7-1/4" Sliding Compound Miter Saw at Lowe's:

SlidingCompoundMiterSaw.jpg

It's the perfect size for working with the laminate.
After that's done, I'd be more likely to be making picture frames than building a barn.

I'm not really that excited about the flooring projects, but new toys,
I mean tools, are always fun.

Rick

Hey Rick,

Have fun with the new toy, uh I mean putting in the floor. ;) Let us know how the new saw works out. I've been looking for one to buy. How much was that?

Todd

Hey Rick,

Have fun with the new toy, uh I mean putting in the floor. ;) Let us know how the new saw works out. I've been looking for one to buy. How much was that?

Todd

I'll let you know how the saw works tomorrow night.
It isn't expensive but it is not a heavy duty saw.
Here's a LINK to the page on Lowe's site with the specs.

Rick

Rick,

As you may remember I did my whole house except the wet area. Just a tip, those wedges are more trouble than they are worth. Far better I found was some pieces of 2" x 3/8" It does not slip away under the skirting/wall panel and your boards have a much better chance of staying even along the wall.

Best Regards
Bob

Thanks for the tip Bob!

Todd,
That saw's specs say it can cut up to 2 X 8 lumber.
I would believe that but it is PERFECT for laminate flooring![ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwBjnHjfoE4[/ame]

It cuts very clean and doesn't chip the finish.

CleanCut.jpg

As for the rest of the tools, they did OK.

DiningRoom.jpg

Dining is room done, and I'm trying to talk the wife out of doing any more this weekend! :wall:

Rick

Looks nice Rick. I think that is the exact same flooring I used in my dining room!

Thanks for the video Rick. That is a nice cut on there. I'm gonna have to see about picking one up.

The floor looks great too. Nice job! Now get back in the shop and do some machining. ;)

Todd

Latest posts

Back