Groz Vise

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

walnotr

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with the GROZ Angle Vise? Also does anyone know who the distributor is in the US?

GROZ Vise.JPG

I use the 3" version of it on my surface grinder mainly, for grinding up my lathe tools. But I have used it at times on my mill and it seems rigid enough for the size and odd occasional use on there.

I must have had mine for about 10 years and have had no problems with it. Shame it didn't have a vernier scale for the angles, but then it would have cost double the price.

The elliptical shaped foot causes me some problems trying to align it square to a known datum. But I suppose half an hours hacking on the mill will soon get a couple of straight and square side faces to it. Another one of those tuit jobs.

I wouldn't be tempted to use it as a main milling vice though, that requires a lot of low down rigidity, which this vice just doesn't have.

If used for when simply and quickly changing angles is required, as I do, then it is very good.

Blogs

I have no experience with Groz products.

I do know that Groz is an India based company that is more directed at the
wood working crafts. Their Angle Vise line is totally unknown to me.

Rick

Groz tools are distributed in Canada by Busy Bee and like a lot of imports the quality varies. I have some Groz products that are very good and some questionable. Last year I looked at their sets of machinist squares and pointed out to the salesman that they were neither straight or square.

Thanks for the comments. I still haven't been able to come up with a US distributor. Anyone know where one could be purchased in the USA?

Thanks

Steve C.

walnotr said:
Thanks for the comments. I still haven't been able to come up with a US distributor. Anyone know where one could be purchased in the USA?

Thanks

Steve C.
I've seen Groz stuff at Woodcraft stores, but not seen the vise there.

Latest posts

Back