Electronic Dividing Head

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Macona,
Can you post a pic of the blue 4th axis box from the other side.~?
If it's like the Ghirri type we use it may have a flange bolted on so you can access the worm wheel.

If so remove this and shim the OD of the bearing between the bearing and retaining flange, this pushed the bearing over and turns it into a cheap angular contact ;)

I know it's a bodge but it does work.

I dont have a pic handy but the backside looks identical to the side you see, Everything is hidden under the oil seal. The box is made by motovario.

Now that I got the Haas unit I will probably be pulling this one apart for other projects. The Haas unit has a standard 2 1/4 8 thread for a chuck and 5C air closer.

In that case the bearing is retained by a circlip behind the oil seal.
You usually have to wreck the seal to get access but you can still shim between the bearing and circlip but not as easy.

Something I have just thought of is to make a flange usig the tapped mounting holes and fit an addition bearing for extra stiffness.

Here is something to fancy up the mounting of the Sainsmart LCD Shield. They are for sale on ebay. Auction #261262198308.

IMG_20130809_191606[1].jpg

IMG_20130809_191639[1].jpg

Latest posts

Back