NJ State History Fair.

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tin Falcon

Reaction score
Last evening My wife and I attended a special Christmas/History event at a somewhat local state park. Unfortunately the weather kept people away visitors as well as renactors. The few groups that came were able to camp out in the bunkers or the old sea coast batteries. So they were dry and various heaters kept most of the winter chill out.

a description from the news release:

Attending groups will represent the following eras: Roman legions and their winter quarters; American Revolutionary War Hessian and Continental soldiers; Civil War marines and Civil War troops (as well as camp followers) encamped from both sides; World War I soldiers in their bunkers; camp life for allied World War II POWs; the 1940s coastal defenses; a 1943 PX (with items for sale); 1944 surgical unit just off the front lines; WWII Germans in bunkers on the Siegfried line; a U.S. Army Korean War field kitchen; 1980s camp of the 50th Armored Division soldiers — and much more.

So something we look forward to for next year.

So the point is there are often very interesting events near by tha are often not well advertised.

And in the process of poking on the internet because of this event I discovered New jersey has a State History Fair.

That event will be at Washington crossing State park May 10 2014.

So now is a good time to mark the date on the calender. And plenty of time to sign up if you are part of a historical group or you happen to be an individual that portrays a historical character.

More info at http://www.state.nj.us/dep/parksandforests/historic/centennial/fairindex.htm
Tin

Reactions: gus

Latest posts

Back