New trav-a-dials

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That seems to be an odd business decision Dave. I wish them luck, but given the availability of some fairly cheap yet still quite accurate off shore dro's today against what the original Trav-a-Dials cost, it might be tough. There are some situations where the available space or maybe environment might not allow for any conventional dro scale and reader head I guess.

To me, it doesn't have the feel of an authentic website as it's so incomplete. The video which is linked is 7 years old and has nothing to do with a "new" mechanism.

Years ago as DRO's became more inexpensive the trav-a-dial became obsolete. Nothing has changed since then.

That seems to be an odd business decision Dave. I wish them luck, but given the availability of some fairly cheap yet still quite accurate off shore dro's today against what the original Trav-a-Dials cost, it might be tough. There are some situations where the available space or maybe environment might not allow for any conventional dro scale and reader head I guess.
It just interesting to see still around Travel A Dials.

A portable digital version maybe more helpful.

Out of my price range

Dave

Has anybody contacted Southwestern Industries to confirm that they have a new TAD product planned?

They have usefulness as an easier install. 50" scale track is not exactly easy, especially when the lathe is against a wall and 2500 lbs.

They have usefulness as an easier install. 50" scale track is not exactly easy, especially when the lathe is against a wall and 2500 lbs.
Today I have mini lathe but in past the travel a dial would hand on carriage. Back then I had a three foot Starrett rule for work.

In 2009 I made a 12 inch portable digital display that mount to lathe carriage works great upto 12 inches.

Dave

Latest posts

Back