Need a drawing of a base casting

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John S

Reaction score
Got the Harrogate show coming up in a few days and we will have two CNC machines cutting under power [ hopefully ]

The smaller one will be cutting a loco wheel as an example.
The larger KX3 machine we aim to have cutting a spiral gear and a base plate for an engine or something very similar.

Can anyone supply a drawing either as a scan or a DXF of a baseplate? The more complex the better.

Don't want to get into copywrite issues but this will only be done as an example part and not to build an engine.

John,
Have you a picture and rough dimensions of what you need drawing ............... can't guarantee I can produce anything due to the available time but I will try my best if you give me something to work with.

Dave

Dave,
No I was looking for something already done.
I can draw one up but I would like it to look like the original article.

Thinking about it even a picture would help so i can get everything into perspective.

John, I've been gradually working at getting the Hula Hula drawn in Rhino 3D. Lots of interesting CNC'able shapes there.

Full info on my progress here:

http://www.cnccookbook.com/CCHulaHula.html

For example, the main backplate that holds the cylinders is an interesting piece:

EngineBodyPockets.jpg

If any of those parts are of interest, drop me a PM and I'll send you the drawing. Rhino 3D can export in a variety of formats.

Cheers,

BW

Model Stationary and Marine Steam Engines - K.N.Harris, Chapter 12,
Page 73 Fig. 2 Upper frame plate - holes and shaped cut outs.
Page 74 Fig. 25 Main base plate - holes, simple cut outs but a shaped perimeter profile.
No commercial items for this one John S, never has been. Regards Ian.

Latest posts

Back