18 Cylinders Isotta Fraschini (straight six-cylinder x3 )

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congratulations!

I have been watching your posts and waiting to see this run.

I am impressed by the result and I have enjoyed your skillful build. But more than that, I admire the stick-to-it-ive-ness you have had to result in the completion.

Thank You for posting all of it.

--ShopShoe

/|\ Agreed ! Quiet an undertaking with impressive results. Not without it's problems and you shared them all and overcame them. Very impressive ! I have been following and very pleased to see it running. :) It has a great sound.
Well done, nice job and thank you.

Scott

Congrats, you must be thrilled!

It sounds great too, a lot like a full sized aircraft engine. Do you think you will put a propeller on it?

Congrats, you must be thrilled!

It sounds great too, a lot like a full sized aircraft engine. Do you think you will put a propeller on it?
No, a propeller is dangerous, the engine would still need some aesthetic improvements ,but I'm saturated, I won't touch it again
The next engine will be with 2 cylinders maximum.

Foketry:

I really like the valve covers. Are they 3D printed plastic, or are they cast like some of the other parts?

Also is the raised container on the right-hand side in the video, is that the fuel tank or something else?

Don

Foketry:

I really like the valve covers. Are they 3D printed plastic, or are they cast like some of the other parts?

Also is the raised container on the right-hand side in the video, is that the fuel tank or something else?

Don
The cover are 3D printed, plastic (PLA) .
2 pieces glued together and painted, I had thought about making aluminum castings, too much work, in 2 nights the printer made all 6 pieces . The drawing took more time.

Yes it is a petrol tank, even if it looks like an old aqueduct tank ...

Back