Zipper pull fix

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crueby

Project of the Month Winner!!!
Project of the Month Winner
Reaction score
Not an engine build, but had to take a break from parts for my Shay engine tonight to fix the zipper on my winter coat - the little stamped steel bit that holds the pull flew away at the store earlier. Rest of the jacket is still fine, so got out a bit of steel, drilled/filed/milled some holes, and viola! working zipper again. Good thing too, with the cold snap moving through!

In the photo, it is the rectangular part circled - real oddball shape, with a hooked ledge in one end, slot with screw in the other. Pays to be able to machine parts - saved the cost of a new coat. Just gotta vacuum all the filings off the cloth...

IMG_5612.JPG

I was going to suggest this should be in the "I finally got my balls back" thread but realized that would be totally inappropriate so I won't say it.
One nice use of equipment to solve any everyday problem.

John

I was going to suggest this should be in the "I finally got my balls back" thread but realized that would be totally inappropriate so I won't say it.
One nice use of equipment to solve any everyday problem.

John

You mean you zipped your ..... Um, no!

Latest posts

Back