ZAPJACK's workshop

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last acquisition for my "102" is a spinder cross operated tailstock
Spindle taper W20
Spindle stroke 200mm
LeZap

DSC_0603.jpg

DSC_0604.jpg

DSC_0605.jpg

I am sure that you intuitively know where you placed every tool so that retrieval is fast and efficient. It's the same for everyone but what I found interesting is when our son came to my shop for a project and without asking he was able to locate the tools that he needed. It must be DNA related.

This also explains why at my age moving to a new shop would be a disaster. The burnt in memory of where each tool or fastener resides would be lost.

I am sure that you intuitively know where you placed every tool so that retrieval is fast and efficient. It's the same for everyone but what I found interesting is when our son came to my shop for a project and without asking he was able to locate the tools that he needed. It must be DNA related.

This also explains why at my age moving to a new shop would be a disaster. The burnt in memory of where each tool or fastener resides would be lost.

Just trying to rebuild/remodel my basement into a better shop has me constantly looking for stuff that is no long in its OLD resting place.

I really have no choice if i want to have an acceptable work shop but it does scramble the brain a bit when you have to ask yourself which cabinet did i put XYZ. Then you have the really hard choices about which items to keep. Sometimes you just end up staring at the mess wondering if it makes sense to go forward.

Miscellaneous tooling: like boring head Kaiser & Rawyler (both are made in Switzerland) Arkograph, ....
LeZap
DSC_0558.jpg
DSC_0559.jpg
DSC_0560.jpg
DSC_0561.jpg
DSC_0562.jpg

Attachments

• DSC_0563.jpg
    DSC_0563.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 484
  • DSC_0564.jpg
    DSC_0564.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 167
Last edited:
What for is ARKOGRAPH looks quite mysterious .
What is purpose of brick behind Mercedes rear wheel ? I am just joking.
Beautiful car I have never seen this model of Mercedes . Is it customized for you?

Oups! sorry, the car was a mistake. But by the way it's standard cabriolet with AMG kit.
Arkograf, is a tool for the marking HSS tools for exemple. Or all kind of marking on hard metal
Regards
LeZap

Last but not least, a new Maprox chuck (Swiss made)
Ultra thin and direct mounting on W20 spindle
LeZap
DSC_0693.jpg
DSC_0694.jpg

Congratulations LeZap, a beautiful setup! I am new to the machining hobby and I have much to learn. I have never seen a spinder cross operated tailstock. Can you enlighten me please, what is its primary function and how is it used? Thanks, joe

This tailstock is working with W20 collets. The driving system's working with the cross crank.
It's used for save time and standardized jobs.
LZ

Latest posts

Back