YouTube Anonymous

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
not a homebuilt built engine and it's not on a bench, but it sounds amazing.

200cc 3 cylinder 4st

That must be the best sounding model aircraft I have ever heard yet.

Left me absolutely gobsmacked, Thanks for sharing.

Baz.

I LOVE the sound of 3-pots!
You guys are right, that thing sounds amazing!

I've loved the 3pot sound since a mate of mine owned one of these about 20 years ago:
(sorry, it's not a plane... and it's not home-built, but it is an engine ;) )
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkSuM1RAd4Y[/ame]

Last edited:
Haha, getting stuck on youtube is termed a 'youtube loop'.
I've fallen into thIs loop on more occasions then I want to admit. It is great though as you can learn a lot. One of my favorite machining channels is owned by Kieth Fenner. Not strictly engine related but certainly things are there that could be seen as skill builders.
I think the most recent statistic I heard/read is that there are 100 hours of new video uploaded to youtube every minute.
If 0.0167% or more of that is model engine related you will never catch up, and that is if you never sleep :D

My favourite? That is tough... will have to think about that one.

I can't say which engine related video is my favorite. The problem with many YouTube videos is that you loose track of where the video came from and then can't find it afterward.

Here is my favorite vid, it's just amazing, the detail and soooo small.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1ExKiIyxng&list=UUeBzqxVN94bQ8NNTH1WIGyA[/ame]

Hey Wizard no matter how many days I have free, don't think I'd ever be able to achieve that. Some talented people out there just makes some of us look like hacks that butcher metal LOL

Wow! What is that? What is it powered by? I can't read the text.

Some one translate please! Is that a Stirling? It even appears to have a governor.

Hey Wizard no matter how many days I have free, don't think I'd ever be able to achieve that. Some talented people out there just makes some of us look like hacks that butcher metal LOL

Well one thing for sure retirement, if I make it, is so far away I don't have to worry about making one of those anytime soon. After watching that video, hall of my machining looks like hack jobs in comparison.

Well I'm 55 and retirement is also a long way of for me, I told the Mrs we should retire now, enjoy life while still quite fit and when we run out of money and not so agile anymore then go back to work. It's all wrong, first your too young and broke to enjoy life and then you work, when you finished your too old or ill to enjoy your fruits and then your bloody kids get to enjoy when you kick the bucket.

Back