Your moniker ?

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tin Falcon

Reaction score
Guys:
Here is a bit of an OT fun question to ask. Since the Welcome area is a place to introduce one self and a place to get to know one another I decides to post this here. What is the story behind your screen name,handle, pseudonym, or moniker?
I will start off . Joining the fabrication shop team at my local national guard unit is where my interest in metal working really took off. I gained much education inspiration and experience from my time there. I worked on the F-16 fighting falcon. This inspired the Tin Falcon Moniker. Aluminum Falcon was a bit long and somehow did not have the ring to it.
Tin
Now it is your turn!!

I have had a quite a few since I started on-line quite a few years ago (back when you dialed into a BBS). They all seem to go with my interests, what was 'cool' etc...

I have just fairly recently taken this one. I am in the process of switching all the nics' I use on other boards to this one as well.

Brass_Machine just had a ring to it that I liked. Brass being one of my favorite materials. Machine... well it could be anything from an actual machine (IE engine) to something existing only in cyber-space. IRL, I work with VMware... all my machines (servers) are virtual.

Kinda in-tones 2 of my favorite genres: cyberpunk and steampunk.

Eric

Hey Tin, Good Idea!!!

My other Hobby is making and shooting Black powder Cannons. The biggest bore one I shoot launches bowling balls nearly a mile. My smallest ones shoot Firecrackers:O)

Wes

Mine comes from my last name (Dickey) and in honor of my Father, who passed away some years ago. Somebody nick-named him DickeyBird many years ago and it stuck.

Early in my R/C aircraft days, I designed & built a lightly wing loaded airplane with flaps that won a lot of competitions back in the 80's. It was named the "DickeyBird" after my dad and was hated by fellow competitors. It had an amazing run of wins, some due to luck. My buddies threatened to steal it and burn it but never did. When I joined my 1st internet R/C forum, the caps lock was on so I've stuck with that ever since.;D

Funny, for a while there, some forum censoring software had it as D***EYBIRD. ::)

Im a big goofy looking meat head with 37 large tattoos. I worked in a tattoo shop for 5 years where it was easy money. 40$-80$ an hour working 10 - 20 hours a week. I worked clean as any doctor or dentist office and held higher morals than most artist. (no F*CK THE WORLD or big pot leaf tattoos) I did high quality classy skin art only.

I quit because Im tired of the few low lifes and the bloody welted nasty aspects of the job. I will tattoo family and friends but everyone else can just take it down the road. I will draw for anyone for $20 or so an hour. They can then take that art to any artist they like.

Im an artist and a craftman who tries to do the job with some class or not at all. Anyone who is a machinist and a tattoo artist is going to be about the biggest nit picker there is. Its close to perfect or it not happening.

Mine is not quite so colorful.

My boys names are Roger and Andy.
First two letter of my sirname are KE
And I was born in 1960

r-a-ke-60

As the years progress it's good to come up with something you can remember!
Yet when I check the sites error log most of the errors say "rake60 incorrect password"
Hummmm I'll have to work on that too! LOL

I don't know that sounds colorful to me. I use this one for Rake60's last reason. I have way too many accounts to remember. Most go by this name which is the name I picked back about 10 years ago for eBay. Jpowers was taken, jpowersny was taken, jpowersny1 was taken...hence...

'shred' is a windsurfing term I picked up when that was my major entertainment. Long ago just after the internet was invented ;) , I needed a username and that one stuck..

I also couldn't keep up with different monikers so I've had this one since high school. It was 1998 and my dad bought our first computer. (Actually I'm still using his monitor with my laptop.) Any way zeus was what I used when tagging was our big thing. Some of my high school buddies and I said rekon alot to kind of mock our redneck friends. I wish it wasn't so lame because it is the only one I've been able to stick with.

No colourful stories I'm afraid. Chosen as imply my first name and first initial of last name.

Having spent much time on online forums since the very early days of this medium I have used a variety of monikers - just as someone else already described, whatever suited my interests and the forum of the day.

Sometime past however, a discussion on another forum had some make mention of their frustration with nicknames and not always know who they where really chatting with. The suggestion was put forth to use your real name. I thought it was such a good idea that I have done just that every since and since there where several Graham's on that forum I simply added the C.

I also often post with a tag line stating where in this vast world I am; sometimes adds important context to the discussion at hand.

cheers, Graham in Embrun near Ottawa Canada.

I guess I'll never understand this "moniker" bit. I have always used the name I was
given 75 years ago by my mother. Now I will admit while growing up all I ever got
was Junior and up till not too many years ago some of my cousins still called me that.
The family does use the diminutive Lewie but everywhere else it's just Lew.
...lew...

My screen name comes for my days at a helicopter company. Out of the original 6 employees we had two Rogers and two Joes. Each of us had our speciality and the owner would come flying out of the office bellowing "Roger" and get two responses. To simplify things he started referring to us as Roger1 and Roger2. Later that got shortened to Rog2. As the company grew and we added more employees the practice stuck. When I left that company we were up to Mike8. :eek:

I tried to sign up for several groups using my name only to find out that it was already in use as was Roger2 so I used Rog02.

Rake60 was taken so I went with Kactiguy. Actually, I had to design a logo in a graphic design class years ago. I randomly picked a cactus because... I don't know why, but it stuck and now I use it everywhere. My name is Guy. I stuck that with Kacti (Cacti was taken) and the rest is history.

Already posted on welcome. Company I first worked for after leaving school who allowed me to start my career in engineering,made them in all sizes from 25thou to 36"Dia. As Alzheimer's and senility is creeping in it's easier to remember one for all forums I frequent. What was the question ? ? ?

I collected and re built antique hit and miss engines. I have since sold the big ones and now have just models. Only one complete but working on another plus a couple of elmers engines. But still use the nickname.

Mine came when I joined a tractor board and I had just purchased a JD x_475 garden tractor. After that I kept the same nick because I suffer from CRS so I use the KISS method and get by ok..:)))

Back