You just have to love the kids!

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wareagle

Reaction score
Well, we have just finished up all of the preparations for Santa's arrival. The stockings are ready, cookies are made, everyone is bathed, and ready for bed. Our son (just turned 4) has been talking about Santa coming to visit him all day, and he has all of these grand plans on "catching" him. Needless to say, it has been a fun day!

It just reminds me of my childhood, and thinking back on the anticipation that was felt on Christmas Eve. How my little sister and I would lay awake in bed, and listen for any little rattle, any noise that may signify Santa's arrival. Then we would spring up and run to see if we had caught Santa in the act. It really didn't take us too many years to figure out what it was all about, but those days were fun!

It is heart warming to know that that tradition is being passed to our son, and it is really fun to watch his excitement and then reflect back on the fond memories of waking up and finding that big shiny gift that had travelled the world to be left for us by a big guy in a red suit.

May all of you have a Merry Christmas!

You did manage to bring up nice memories from my childhood too (I was not born 67 years old as some people want to believe...).

My best wishes for a Happy New Year,

George

This reminds me of when I was a kid, I was 8 years old in 1976, I was a freak about trains, I got a Tyco chattanooga cho cho train set for christmas. I still have the power supply and use it to run tattoo machines to this day.

The good ol days for me.... ;D

I would still have the whole train set but I gave it to a friends kid after he was accepted to a school for gifted kids (it was 20 years old). I had swiches and everything and gave him a modern power supply.

To this day I still want to have a big old train set, the bigger the better and real steam would be a kick in the pants.

Back