Yet another #17

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mzetati

Reaction score
Hi all,

here's a few pictures of the Elmer's Pumping Engine I made run little time before joining this forum. Since then, I added a nice wooden base (first engine fitted on a properly made oakwood base) and ... parted off with it.
The .pdf is a collection of notes and pictures taken during its construction.
Marcello

PS.
Definitely, my 'next' engine will be a single cylinder: anytime I was finishing a new part, I was half the job! (to say nothing about the railing... :- )
Now, I'm talking about the railing.. ...having the columns screwed into the base was really a BAD idea! Either press fitting into the base or inserting a counterbored screw from the bottom would have taken to nicer results, with less efforts.

PumpingEngine_Img_1497.jpg

PumpingEngine_Img_1502.jpg

PumpingEngine_Img_1505.jpg

View attachment Pumping Engine build - MZT.pdf

Very nice engine and a very good build post. I downloaded the build to help me if and when I get to build this. Thanks for the post.

hi hitandmissman,

thank You for the kind words.
Marcello

Marcello,

Great work. :bow:

Best Regards
Bob

Marcello,

Very nice engine, I have been interested in this one for a long time. Thank you very much for posting your build article!

Best,

Peter

pmerritt said:
Marcello,

Very nice engine, I have been interested in this one for a long time. Thank you very much for posting your build article!

Best,

Peter
I second that,yet another project for my list,it is a bit different.
Don

Back