Yea another wobbler,Don't ya jest love em!!

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slkride

Reaction score
Hello to all

This is my first try at down loading photos so we will see how it goes. A very good friend from G B Wis. sent me the castings his club made.Tried to finish before Cabin fever but didn't get it finished. so it went along incomplete. Anyway here is the beginning and the completion, if this goes OK I will do pic of the build.

slkride

flywheel 085.JPG

00656.JPG

That looks awesome! :eek:

Castings look nice and clean.

How about a video of it running?

Andrew

Nice castings and a nice job turning them into an even more beautiful engine. It looks like the cylinder casting has enough extra length to part it off and use the residual piece for the cylinder cap. Is that what you did? If so, its an interesting way to supply the needed material without the need for a separate casting. Maybe you can show that in the build pics.

Nice job!!!

Bill

In reply to Andrew and Bill's questions:

Will attempt to put video on if I can muddle through the method. Bill the long portion on the cylinder was used to begin the machine work and then cut off. at which time it had a hole bored through it so just put it in the sometime box.The head was turned out of 12l14 the top hat looking thing is used to chuck the head up using a collet and maching the mating surface of head. And it looks neat too.

Tom

Nope, never get tired of a wobbler! Nice job.

The late great Rudy Kouhoupt told me one time" Wobblers are like potato chips. You can't have just one!"
Nice looking engine.
Tin

Here is the video link for the little wobbler running. Sorry it took so long. I'm better in the shop than on the computer.[ame]http://youtu.be/Y2YXthfzqtc[/ame]

Very nice engine. Nope, ya just can't have to many wobblers.
Dennis

Latest posts

Back