XRAD' Miller V16

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xrad

Reaction score
Building a Gentlman's racer. needed an engine so I built this Miller v16 supercharged engine. Machined from 2in aluminum bar, w/ some copper and brass. 150 micron screen for air filter. about 200 nuts ranging from 2.4mm to 1.4mm(flat to flat) . About 100+hours on the engine and a few more on the hull conversion. Full 2.4gHz RC ...can't wait for spring!

IMG_6555.jpg

IMG_654351.JPG

IMG_6587.jpg

IMG_6586.jpg

IMG_6593.jpg

IMG_6584.jpg

very,very nice but we need proof.It might not have any innards.And yes 100 hrs earthtime does seem a bit light.More photos and a video please

wow, thank guys! I don't know the exact hours...lost count. About one month of evenings, several days off from work, and Sat mornings...a few minor goofs here and there. Wish I had the time for a 'real' running model, but those skills are limited to my steam engines. Nice part is that this model all goes together with only a few anchoring 2-56 screws, as the pieces interlock.

Static model. there is no bottom half of the crankcase; there is limited room in the boat due to battery and servo location.

Also this is a dummy engine. Nice work at the V16 engine. Add a sound generator of a V16 engine in the
model boat. :)

Outstanding modeling on the engine, and boat as far as I can see. The finish on the engine is superb. It would be nice to see some pictures of the engine mounted in the hull.
Thanks for sharing your work.
gbritnell

Thank you both for the compliments! Unfortunately, due to space limitations for the required 4s lipo battery, new speed control, repositioned servo, and motor and cooling system, the Miller will no longer fit into the boat.

So I made a wood base for it and it is on my shelf with the other engines.

MillerDone small.jpg

Latest posts

Back