• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeModelEngineMachinist and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

X3/SX3 DRO Kit SOLD

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1hand

Reaction score
I want to sell my DRO kit.
SOLD
This is the original kit:
http://cgi.ebay.com/3-axis-DRO-Axis...emQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item3a50cda52a

Here it is on my mill
dro002.jpg

Will sell for $485 plus shipping

Matt

Still forsale, but will reduce to $400.

Matt

Hello,

I am new to this board and saw your ad. I am looking into a DRO for my SX3 and have seen this model of DRO on eBay. I have not seen a whole lot of description or review about it outside of that listing. I have seen one other person who has installed one, but no longer term followup on its performance/durability.

How long have you had it? Have you had any issues with it? Do you have any experience with other DRO units to make comparisons or contrasts?

I am looking at picking one up by the end of November or start of December. I am still researching the various DRO's and deciding which one will meet my needs. I am a firmware engineer and do a fair amount of prototyping and want to eventually (within 2-4 months) use a DRO as a source for a CNC conversion. I have gotten one email back from "toolsales" about the unit and it is vague as to the protocol that it uses to communicate its data to the main display unit. I have a decent idea what its doing, but still am looking for verification.

Thanks,
Paul

I've had it for 2 years. Only used for 1 though since I converted my mill to cnc have no need for it. Haven't had any issues with it at all, very accurate. Installing it was straight forward. Comes with a cd rom disc that has pictures and all information on there. I made a dro for the lathe is the only other dro I've used. The glass scales and premade mounts make this a very nice setup. Would not be getting rid of it, if it wasn't for the cnc.

Matt

One more question. I am intending on doing a Fignoggle CNC upgrade (i.e. keeping the manual functionality). Does this DRO in any way interfere with the addition of CNC?

I am an embedded firmware engineer with experience in various levels of embedded software as well as production level automation, but this is my first exposure into CNC at this level. To be honest, as a firmware engineer, it kind of blows my mind that Mach3 or CNC packages in general do not use DRO feedback for positioning. I could be mistaken on that point, but I haven't seen anything in the Mach3 documentation that allows for DRO feedback.

If that is the case, do you see any inaccuracies due to that system relying on thread turns, etc. ?

diverp said:
One more question. I am intending on doing a Fignoggle CNC upgrade (i.e. keeping the manual functionality). Does this DRO in any way interfere with the addition of CNC?

I am an embedded firmware engineer with experience in various levels of embedded software as well as production level automation, but this is my first exposure into CNC at this level. To be honest, as a firmware engineer, it kind of blows my mind that Mach3 or CNC packages in general do not use DRO feedback for positioning. I could be mistaken on that point, but I haven't seen anything in the Mach3 documentation that allows for DRO feedback.

If that is the case, do you see any inaccuracies due to that system relying on thread turns, etc. ?

No it wouldn't interfer with the conversion.

I haven't used it in conjunction with the CNC.

Matt

Latest posts

Back