X1 Mill stand help please

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HS93

Reaction score
I am re organising my shop,I have an X1 mill that will not be used a lot , it is converted to CNC but can be used manually what i want to be able to do is move it about if possable, I have found this cabnet that will hold the weight and I can put the PC in the bottom but what i want to know if it will effect the milling with it being mobile the floor is very flat ,Vinyl tiled, and the unit has brakes so will it be a problem.

this is the unit
http://www.axminster.co.uk/product-Axminster-Mobile-Cabinet-803627.htm

Thanks Peter

211520_l[1].jpg

I think if all 4 wheels lock it should be OK. As an idea, you could always make and bolt on, a sub-base with machine mounts which you would screw down to raise the wheels off the floor and reverse for mobility.

One thing I did to add mass\rigidity to my base (but it is NOT mobile :)) was I added a 17" x 17" x 3/4" plate under my mill and store my vises, rotary tables, clamping kit etc underneath which I'm guesstimating to +200Lbs and if you bump into it, it doesn't move.

Cheers,
Chazz

Back