X-3 in, X-2 out

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lugnut

Reaction score
Wow things have moved fast the last few days. I spotted a Grizzly X-3 mill on Craig's list on Friday, called the guy up and Saturday I went and bought it. Got it unloaded on Sunday with the help of my neighbor and his cherry picker motor hoist. Got it all set up and running Monday. listed my Grizzly X-2 for sale on Craig's list Monday and a gentleman called and came and bought it today! Sure is nice when thing click together. Now I'll have to see if there is any truth about all the good things said about the X3
Mel

Awesome Mel! let me know how it works for you. I have the feeling my X2s days are numbered!

Eric

Lugnut
I suspect it will be weeks before the huge grin fades, once you've given it a test run. It's a machine you'll definitely want a collet set or arbors for. It's got plenty of power to suck an end mill from the drill chuck.

I let an X2 user run mine this week and he stopped mid cut. Said he couldn't run it anymore or he'd have to go buy one for his own. He was amazed at the huge difference.

Enjoy your new toy
Steve

Steve, it is a used mill about a year old and it came with a few tooling items, drill chuck, set of R8 collets, 20 pc end mill set, Phase II 3" machine vice, clamp set, and boring head and shank. I also came with a metal stand on castor's with 12 nice draws in it. I'll have to buy some boring bars. I had a quick change ER collet set for the X2 and liked it real well, I'll try to get a R8 set.
I made a couple cuts with it tonight and there is sure big difference.
Mel

Congrats on the upgrade Mel!

Rick

Latest posts

Back