WWII Question

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davidyat

HMEM Supporting Member
Reaction score
In WWII, my Dad was a top turret gunner on a B-24 Liberator, 4 engine bomber. He had to bail out of his shot up plane over Germany and was a POW for 15 months. This is what lead to my research and interest in WWII. Does anyone know of any plans for anything related to WWII? I've seen the kits for the radial airplane engines elsewhere and I'm not ready to tackle that yet. Plans for cars, planes, guns, etc? I'm especially interested in seeing if I could build a German 88MM Anti-Aircraft, flak gun. Thanks in advance for any information.

Dave

In WWII, my Dad was a top turret gunner on a B-24 Liberator, 4 engine bomber. He had to bail out of his shot up plane over Germany and was a POW for 15 months. This is what lead to my research and interest in WWII. Does anyone know of any plans for anything related to WWII? I've seen the kits for the radial airplane engines elsewhere and I'm not ready to tackle that yet. Plans for cars, planes, guns, etc? I'm especially interested in seeing if I could build a German 88MM Anti-Aircraft, flak gun. Thanks in advance for any information.

Dave

Not sure if this helps, but it seems to a lot of info about the gun

https://www.ibiblio.org/hyperwar/USA/ref/TM/PDFs/TME9-369A_Germ88.pdf

I have a recollection that someone did a pedestal mounted german gun in projects in metal or home machinist workshop magazines. It looked far to complicated to make.

john

Latest posts

Back