• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeModelEngineMachinist and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WW2 Japanese engine

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those are not true diesels, a lot of model aero engines are termed diesels but are better refered to as compression ignition engines. I expect the OS engien has ABC cylinders and a ringed piston which may not give the compression needed for this type of diesel to work.

There are very few models or true diesels due to the problems of making small scale injectors and pumps to give the high pressures needed.

J

Those are not true diesels, a lot of model aero engines are termed diesels but are better refered to as compression ignition engines. I expect the OS engien has ABC cylinders and a ringed piston which may not give the compression needed for this type of diesel to work.

There are very few models or true diesels due to the problems of making small scale injectors and pumps to give the high pressures needed.

J
Yeah, I read about about how extremely difficult it would be to make a small diesel, but I figured since the page listed it as a "Diesel Converter" I would just say diesel and keep it simple. But thanks for looking out for me.

Your other problem with those heads is they are for a 2-stroke and that OS engine is 4 stroke

Back