• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeModelEngineMachinist and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB cox .049

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shaun free

Reaction score
Im looking for some cox .049 cylinders and pistons. I am going to build a 9 cyl radial and need the top ends.

I see them for 15 dollars on up depending on condition and rarity.
They are rare today when Cox was around that would about right price but now it is going up.
Today I don't think buy a glow plug for 15.00

Dave

OK-perhaps I should clarify slightly-not that it affects your proposed purchase. Cox International is Canadian based...some 10+ years ago they bought the remaining Cox engine parts from Estes (the model rocket people) in Colorado who at that time owned Cox Hobbies. Since then they have not only sold original Cox manufactured parts and engines-but also had additional parts manufactured to keep existing engines supported. They cannot supply EVERY Cox part you might conceivably need-but they cover the bulk of the parts that either get worn or damaged in use. So you will find both original Cox manufactured parts and Cox International parts on their website. The last ACTUAL original Cox manufacturing of engines and parts was 1996-subsequently Estes simply assembled engines from the existing parts inventory. Some of the current Cox engine models on offer-especially the reed valve 049s-were never available from Cox Hobbies. Some items-like piston cylinders for the 010, 020 and models larger than 049-are no longer available as the inventory is exhausted, and the projected sales for such parts do not justify the cost of re-manufacture. On the plus side-Cox International have made some significant improvements-such as the new metal radial tank mounts for the TD 010 and TD 020 models (pricey...but good!)-metal carb housings for the entire TD range, and a new tankless radial mount backplate assembly for the Pee Wee 020 engine...

ChrisM

PS Their service is excellent -even for someone at the far end of the world in NZ as I am.

OK-perhaps I should clarify slightly-not that it affects your proposed purchase. Cox International is Canadian based...some 10+ years ago they bought the remaining Cox engine parts from Estes (the model rocket people) in Colorado who at that time owned Cox Hobbies. Since then they have not only sold original Cox manufactured parts and engines-but also had additional parts manufactured to keep existing engines supported. They cannot supply EVERY Cox part you might conceivably need-but they cover the bulk of the parts that either get worn or damaged in use. So you will find both original Cox manufactured parts and Cox International parts on their website. The last ACTUAL original Cox manufacturing of engines and parts was 1996-subsequently Estes simply assembled engines from the existing parts inventory. Some of the current Cox engine models on offer-especially the reed valve 049s-were never available from Cox Hobbies. Some items-like piston cylinders for the 010, 020 and models larger than 049-are no longer available as the inventory is exhausted, and the projected sales for such parts do not justify the cost of re-manufacture. On the plus side-Cox International have made some significant improvements-such as the new metal radial tank mounts for the TD 010 and TD 020 models (pricey...but good!)-metal carb housings for the entire TD range, and a new tankless radial mount backplate assembly for the Pee Wee 020 engine...

ChrisM

PS Their service is excellent -even for someone at the far end of the world in NZ as I am.
The good news they giving how fuel.
I just need a 1,000 gallons tank to mix 910 gallons of fuel for 0.049 engine.

I remember buying a pint can for my 0.049 engine. Great engine

Dave

Latest posts

Back