• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeModelEngineMachinist and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB Benchmaster/Duro mill

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kop

Reaction score
We all know what they are and how difficult they are to come by. Deep cosmetic repair and even complete rebuild is not beyond my skill set. As long as "most" of the mill is there I'm willing to sweat details like replacing with ball screws, scraping ways, even weld repair.
I have no issue with a reasonable price as long as I don't have to make out a money order to your sister in Bangkok
I live in the north wet corner so shipping is a bit of an issue.

Look, I know it's a reach but I have to try, right?

001.JPG

found one!

Reactions: aRM
That is awesome ! I spent 10 years trying to find one. Found an Atlas and bought it, but had my heart set on a Benchmaster... gave up at the suggestion of a friend and got a Bridgeport but they still bring me a smile
Rich

That was my first mill. I was never that happy with it. I tended to ask to much from it. I'm much happier with a full sized machine. I hope it serves your needs well.

lg
no neat sig line

Kop, would you be so kind as to post the size of the table on the Benchmaster ?
I want to compare it to the Atlas Horizontal and the Diamond/Vernon/Sheldon mill I had.
Thanks
Rich

6" x 14", the table has a longitudinal travel of 8", in traverse of 5" and a vertically 8"

So while I carve out a home here in this severely reduced space the mill ended up at my brother's house.
Maybe i should leave my tools there more often. It seems to have acquired a stand.
on_stand.jpeg
539928eab2bb1a4319908643ba85166e5e130ae5-1.jpeg

Love the looks of that machine, I would love to have one, do have several Mills even the Atlas Mill and the Shaper both from the same owner, really like that stand, well built with some design to it, congratulations.

Latest posts

Back