Wrong password

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Davyboy

Reaction score
When I try to log in, my username comes up automatically, but HMEM website doesn't like the password that my Windows XP 'remembers' for me. I have to either login again, or delete the 'dots' in the box at login. I've tried re-entering my password on my user account, but no change. A minor inconvenience, but maybe there's a solution? Are my cookies crumbled? ??? Can I get Windoze to forget my password? Thanks for any help.

DB

DB,
When you put in your password, next to that box is a drop-down that lets you tell it you want to stay logged in for a period of time. One of the options is "stay logged in forever", have you tried that?

Kevin

Kevin :
I am having the same problem on my pc I just thought it was a problem on my end I do have the forever block checked.
Tin

Tin,
I'm thinking it's on your end, too. I've been logged in all day on two computers, one XP and the other Linux. No problems with either one.

Have you tried clearing out your cookies and cache? DB, you might try that as well.

Thanks for the replies, I will try the forever box first. I have it checked. Then I will delete (all) cookies, there are many of them. I do delete the temporary internet files regularly, but not the cookies. Don't want to bog down my dial-up reloading cookies if possible. Thanks again. :)

DB

I just logged off and tried changing the 'forever' box to 1 hour, but password still incorrect. will delete cookies tonight.

Another suggestion for both.

What browser are you using? Might want to give Firefox a try.
I don't know about IE (I don't use it) but Firefox will let you block all cookies except from the sites want or need.

If you use firefox, go to tools - options - security

Ensure remember passwords for sites is ticked - click on the saved passwords button on the right

Click on show passwords button bottom right.

Edit your passwords as needed then back out closing as you go.

If it's IE you are using - sorry can't help you.

Best Regards
Bob

Well, I deleted all cookies, and then all temp internet files. computer seems to boot a little faster, and as expected, loading web pages is slow, as they have to start from scratch. The first time I logged onto this site, the password automatically filled in. I deleted the dots and filled the correct password. Windows then asked if I wanted to remember. Me being a big dope said no. :wall: Now the password is still stored incorrectly and I can't seem to find the option to remember it. I think if I delete all that stuff without IE running, it may clean up better. :shrug: I will keep trying, and I will look at firefox to maybe switch from IE. Thanks for the help fellas, I mean it. Thm:

DB

What version of IE?

Try 'tools' -> 'internet options'

Click on the general tab. Click 'delete'

you should get this:

untitled.jpg

Hope that helps...

Eric

Thanks Eric, I found what you suggested, my version of IE is about 2003 vintage. Rather than 'General' tab, I used 'content' ( eureka :eek: there it is! ) 'Autocomplete' click on that and then up comes ( 'double eureka' )'Clear Passwords' . That seems to have changed things, I need to fine tune it, but I think we've got it on the run. ;D Thanks to all for the help.

DB

Back