WOW

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That was sweet.
He did a fine job, there, like many of the projects I keep seeing on this site.

Doc

Brilliant! as Tony M said it sounds just like a smaller version of the real thing... normally when engines are scaled down they sound nothing like the real engine. And that crank start is amazingly effective no messing with electric drills. No big box of tricks for the ignition. Truly Incredible.

Ha ha!
Sounds like a real engine, because it is the sound of a real engine...! At the local club a guy had a sound card fitted to his battery-electric model of a Deltic... When he turned the sound up, when pulling out of the station, it was really impressive! Made a few people jump!
He also had a model of a large US tractor and trailer unit... The big diesel on that was also "real" loud!
On the pond, I had my steam tugboat running and one guy asked me what kit I was using to make the smoke stack fumes look so real. He hadn't heard of a steam engine, just oil burners, jos-sticks, and proprietary smoke makers, that didn't chuff like my boiler and steam engine.... That was real!
K2
K2

Well that's one connundrum resolved. The modelling work is great but the engine is fake. It's an electric motor. 1924 Ford Model T Roadster Pick-up

As an avid reader of this forum I questioned if it was a real working model when I looked at video. From reading posts on this forum for years I just didn't think ignition systems could be scale down this small

I was going to post saying that it must be "fake" but it made me sound mean! A fantastic model none the less.

yep it almost made me put my little model a engine back in the box with the feeling i can never attain to that level of work im about to start on my second camshaft hope fully i will get it right this time

Attachments

• model a4.jpg
    model a4.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 187
Back