Wow...it actually works.

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

winklmj

Reaction score
I just spent the past 3 days turning a bunch of scrap metal into all these bits:

IMG_1893.jpg

So I could make this:

IMG_1918.jpg

My first engine. Elmer's Wobbler #25.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4IzSNfbLu0[/ame]

Wink,

Congratulations on a very nice build and a smooth runner. :bow: :bow:

Whats next ::) ???

Best Regards
Bob

Welcome to HMEM Wink.

When we see a new build running the grins of HMEM's members around
the world overshadow the builders grin.

Congratulations on the runner! :bow: :bow:

Rick

Holy Cow, wink! That thing just buzzes right along.

Great little runner you have there. Congratulations ;D

And welcome to HMEM!

Wobblin... Nah, that little sucker is strokin!!

Nice job!

Congratulations, nice work,so don.t stop now.What's next? :bow: :bow: :bow:

Ian(seagar)
Coffs Harbour,
Australia.

Great job on your engine. It feels good to know that you can build something and moreover that it runs when you're finished with it. What's next?
gbritnell

Very nice. Always satisfying to see bits and scraps turn into something cool. Good work.

Awesome Wink.
1st engine in 3 days! Wow.

What's next? And when you work on it...more pics please!

Thanks for all the kind words.

The smiles keep coming. I've switched to running it off of canned-air for computer-keyboard-dusting. It likes that better than the 2hp compressor I was using before as it runs at a more reasonable speed. It's been sitting on the kitchen bar since and I can't help but give it a puff or two of air to watch it run every time I go by. I've almost used up the can already :)

What's next? Who knows. My brother saw it and wants me to make it actually do something. I don't think this one is powerful enough for any real work. I've thought of making it ring a tiny bell (which would really drive the wife mad) or blow bubbles with the exaust. But maybe a stronger engine is in the future.

I got my mill and lathe a little over a year ago with intentions of making mountain-bike parts--I guess I need to get around to doing that but I've been having fun with other diversions.

yeeeeee that runs right along there . put some wheels on it and power that around that would be cool.
nice build and a nice little runner thanks for showing us :bow: :bow:

Nice build Wink. Its always especially nice to see first runners on the forum. Great pics and video too.

Bill

Back