Workshop Heating

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've been looking at diesel heaters for quite some time. Finally bit the bullet and bought a self contained version. VERY impressed with it!

These pics are showing my first trial just to see if it worked and so were outside of my work shop. The 75mm outlet hose was not attached for this trial run.

DH 1.jpg

The hose above with the cylinder (air filter) is the combustion air intake. The exhaust is obvious along with the silencer. Wiring is 12VDC and must be 5A capacity. Diesel tank built in and slots in the cover to see level in the tank.

Main air inlet is below terminals.

DH 2.jpg

Outlet (front end) shows controller with display and the "hot air outlet" nozzle (75mm dia).

DH 3.jpg

DH 4.jpg

It even has a small remote control. This version is the 5KW model.

One big advantage is it's dry heat rather than saturated heat from a typical gas space heater. Diesel consumption is miserly and cheaper than electric heating.
The whole thing can be outside and just the hot air ducting into the workshop or inside, as long as the exhaust is outside via a suitable opening. Glass tape lagging is my idea to reduce radiant heat from chassis.

Back