Work as a print maker

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamgd

Reaction score
My question is, is there any one out there that has models of engines that would like to have a 2D print made from them.
A little about myself, I am a recent graduate of college where I learned about machining. It was a two year program, first year manual machines/second year CNC. During that time I learned how to use Solidworks 3D and thought that it was the best program that I have ever used for computers(drafting related). I built models of a LME-370 "PIP" model airplane engine. Now I work for a CNC manufacturing company that does not use 3D models because we make mostly lathe parts and the machines (Mazzak) have great tools built into the controller. I want to keep my drafting skills from getting rusty in case I decide to move to a different company. While Solidworks might be out of my price range for a while I was looking at Alibre Design for a substitute.
My goal for the future is to have some personal machines that I can make stuff of my own like model engines, small parts and maybe the occasional firearm.

A warm welcome adamgd !! Lots of very talented folks here. Pull up a chair and join in :)

Mike

ChooChooMike said:
A warm welcome adamgd !! Lots of very talented folks here. Pull up a chair and join in :)

Mike
Thanks this was my first post. I have looked at the team builds quite a bit and when I get some machines I hope to join in on a few.

Welcome
I am a tool design engineer here. I use NX6 and CATIA mostly I know what you mean when you say you want to keep your drafting skill going. I enjoy 3D designing fixtures and tools in cad but I hate the drafting end of my job.

Back