Wood Beam Engine Video

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SAM in LA

Reaction score
WoodProject024-1.jpg

I put a new video together for my Wood Beam Engine earlier this month. I meant to post it but life interfered with my pleasure.

I hope you enjoy it.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuAcO8d2BZM[/ame]

If you haven't seen my build log, it is located on HMEM in the “A Work in Progress” section.

http://www.homemodelenginemachinist.com/index.php?topic=9219.0

Highest Regards,

SAM

Corrected spelling error

I love how slowly it runs.

You've done your self proud on the engine and video. th_wav th_wav

Ron

Great video Sam, it appears that you added some weights in the rim of the flywheel. It seems to be helping. Terrific build, well done.

BC1
Jim

A beautiful engine and particularly well made video - a great companion to the build thread.

Sam,

That was a VERY enjoyable presentation,
Beautiful job on that engine.

Great job, Sam, beatiful engine, really enjoyed your video, 3 times. larry

Great job on the video Sam. That sure is a beautiful, slow running, engine.

Excellent build Sam. I think the video is great with the assembly steps. It sure runs nice and smooth.
gbritnell

Great job Sam. I enjoyed your build log and the video. The dark wood and brass are a nice contrast. Thanks for sharing your efforts with us. :bow:

Cheers,
Phil

Beautiful craftsmanship Sam! :bow:

Rick

Once again, well done Sam :bow:

I still like how slow it runs - and very good taste in music as well !

Regards, Arnold

ozzie46 said:
I love how slowly it runs.

You've done your self proud on the engine and video. th_wav th_wav

Ron

Ron,

Thanks for the encouragement.

SAM

bearcar1 said:
Great video Sam, it appears that you added some weights in the rim of the flywheel. It seems to be helping. Terrific build, well done.

BC1
Jim

Jim,

You are correct, I added some brass slugs to the flywheel and it runs a bit more smoothly. Thanks for the encouragement.

SAM

Woodguy, Deere_x475guy, Gordy, Hobby, Larry1, Kustomkb, Gbritnell, Phil, Rick & Arnold

Thank you all for the compliments.

The video was an interesting experience. I started out taking a picture after each part was installed. I ended up scraping those pictures because the engine frame kept getting moved around. I then took a picture after each part or assembly was removed. This worked better. The colors are not accurate. I took these pictures in the dining room. The ceiling above the lights is a rose color which gave an aged look to the pictures. That is what led me to using (Philharmonische Vereinigung Arte Sinfonica, Heribert Brandt - "Türkischer Tanz" From Sonata No. 11, KV 331) as the soundtrack.

Thanks again guys, it was fun.

Highest regards,

SAM

Beautiful job Sam !! Despite the bad rap that the "brown" stuff sometimes get's on here ;D, the contrash of the wood and the brass is very pleasing to look at and the slow speed operation you have achieved is a sure sign of a lot of TLC and precision in the build. Again, a fantastic job!!

Bill

Back