Windows shopping for 3-D printer.

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Tin
if you are interested I have the full set drawing, pdf,electronic,
all you can think to build one of these.

cheers

The CAD files are all in Solidworks and I can't open them with Geomagic Design, is there a way to either read them with a viewer or get them as iges or step files. I tried getting into their site but couldn't get past the home page

You can download the free solid works viewer . Or if you are a veteran SW has a program you can get an educational license you have to send them a copy of discharge papers/proof of service and $20 . and yes Canadian vets are eligible.
Also for those feeling out of the loop on the plans, the links , to download is listed on post #122 a couple pages back.
Tin

For all you 3d printer fans ED3 has just introduced a new extruder to go with the famous V6 and V6 lite hot ends.

Can be an easy upgrade or not depending on what printer you have.

Tin

New Folger tech FT-5 Kit 300 x 300 x 400 build area linear rails MKs 1.4 controller, 2004 lcd standard . I am so tempted .

Folger-Web-1_original_medium.jpg

$499 + sh

https://folgertech.com/collections/...s/folger-tech-ft-5-large-scale-3d-printer-kit

I have been pondering a scratch build but this printer is very much along the lines of what i have been thinking. And a lot faster to source faster to build and likely not more money in the long run.

This looks somewhat similar to the hackerbot. but some significant improvements. Up until this year I have been seeing rods for guide surfaces the new trend seems to be linear slides.
the other cool thing with this kit is it seems a bit scalable in that the build size could be scaled down to an 8x8 or 8 x 12 heat bed and add a second extruder. Also looks like some sort of cnc head is in development for this kit.

Tin

photo-original.jpg
I have just put down some money on a new kickstarter project. It sounds to cheap to be possible, but the gambler instinct (very low in me) kicked in. If they can deliver for this price its a good deal

Looks like the forum rejects the image I tried to post here.

The kickstarter is called 101 hero. Sorry I cant post the link here

50d8faa88c87dce7c554d341950dbc00_original.jpg

If the price of 3d printers goes the way of laser printers the price will drop.
I had a laser printer years ago the price was a grand for a whopping 300 dpi resolution I saw a laser on sale the other day for a hundred.
Tin

New Folger tech FT-5 Kit 300 x 300 x 400 build area linear rails MKs 1.4 controller, 2004 lcd standard . I am so tempted .

Folger-Web-1_original_medium.jpg

$499 + sh

https://folgertech.com/collections/...s/folger-tech-ft-5-large-scale-3d-printer-kit

I have been pondering a scratch build but this printer is very much along the lines of what i have been thinking. And a lot faster to source faster to build and likely not more money in the long run.

This looks somewhat similar to the hackerbot. but some significant improvements. Up until this year I have been seeing rods for guide surfaces the new trend seems to be linear slides.
the other cool thing with this kit is it seems a bit scalable in that the build size could be scaled down to an 8x8 or 8 x 12 heat bed and add a second extruder. Also looks like some sort of cnc head is in development for this kit.

Tin

I ordered on the other day. Will let you know how it works out.

I ordered on the other day. Will let you know how it works out.
Ok I am just slightly jealous, well maybe a lot. It does look like a nice printer.

The SD 4is doing fine pretty much stock and I have been printing a lot with the FT prusa 2020.
The FT5 is what I have dreamt about more or less..

And congratulations on another printer.
Tin

Ok I am just slightly jealous, well maybe a lot. It does look like a nice printer.

The SD 4is doing fine pretty much stock and I have been printing a lot with the FT prusa 2020.
The FT5 is what I have dreamt about more or less..

And congratulations on another printer.
Tin

That FT5 is very impressiVe for the price. I've got to get working on a printer build, right after I finish all the other projects and work a bit of overtime.

Back