Windows Live Messenger, Make it go away

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Generatorgus

Reaction score
This morning, I've got a few questions about computer noids. This is one of them. I don't care if it actually goes away, but it opens every time I restart the computer. Kind of slows the process down some, also annoying.
HELP

GUS

Click the Windows "Start" menu and select "All Programs." Click "Windows Live Messenger" to launch the messaging application.
Click the "Tools" menu on the top and select "Options." Click the "General" tab and uncheck the "Automatically run Windows Live Messenger when I log on to Windows." Click "OK" to save the changes. This prevents the Windows Live Messenger from launching automatically on computer startup.
Alternatively, click the Windows "Start" menu and click "Run" (Windows XP users) or "Start Search" (Windows Vista and 7). Type "msconfig" (without quotes) and press "Enter" to launch the Systems Configuration Utility.
Click the "Startup" tab. To prevent Windows Live Messenger from launching on computer startup, uncheck it on the startup menu. Click "Apply" to save the changes. When prompted, restart your computer.

Hope this helps, and happy Holidays to you and yours,
George

George, thanks for answering my questions. These simple problems can be frustrating to deal with when you don't have any idea what your doing. I'll give your solutions a try.
Many thanks,
Happy Holidays
GUS

Back