Whittle Aero V8 WIP

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Con Rod with shell bearings. Just have to make another 7 now. :-[

001.jpg

007.jpg

009.jpg

all the builds are looking great :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:
pete from oz

Hi Tony,

This engine is great!!

This kit is in a list for my future choice, after I learn and practice the technigues of machining. Currently, I'm enabling my home shop.

Best Regards,

Alexandre

Hi all, just joined the group, I live in the UK and am building the Whittle, currently machining the crankshaft.
Interested to know what size/thread screws Rob is using for the big end caps ?
emgee.

Hi,

All the threads I've used on this engine are metric, mainly 1.6mm. The big end screws are 1.6mm high tensile with the heads turned down a little. I got them from RS Components here in the UK. They're a bit pricey but for something as important as the big ends I thought it was worth it. Here are the rest of the rods.
Rob

010.JPG

015.JPG

This engine build is great. It's great to see the various parts being built - brilliant.

Has anyone actually used one of these engines in a model plane and successfully flown it?

Wow! Nice work! I really admire the attention to detail.

Chuck

Wonderful this work!

What are a next steps ?

Cheers,

Alexandre

I'm getting confused!!

How many different Whittles are being built in this thread?

If you are not Cobra, could you start your own threads? This way it would be easier to keep track of whos parts are who.

BTW Awesome work on all of them. This engine is on my bucket list. Keep it coming!!

Steve

I too was a bit confused. Has anybody heard from Tony (Cobra428)? I have not see a post here from him for at least 6 months!

Jeff

Rob.Barrett said:
Drive flange and washer.
Hi Rob,

I'm just turned the taper on the crank and the dimensions on the plan don't work out - that is to say a 7degree inclusive angle don't produce a taper 0.5 inches long, which is necessary to accomodate a standard prop (at least). Did you come across this, how did you deal with it?

Regards

Steve

Latest posts

Back