Where to buy HT wire for spark plug in mainland Europe?

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xander janssen

Reaction score
Hi all,

For my single cylinder engines, I have a CDI with a short section of HT wire going to the spark plug.

This unit I use for multiple engines by simply disconnection the 4 wires (1x ground, 2x contact pionts and 1x HT to spark plug).

Since I want to build a multi (start with 2 and then go to 3 or 4) cylinder engine, I can hook this wire to the distributor, but then I need wire between the distributor and the spark plugs.

Has anyone a recommendation for HT wire? Preferably very small diameter to give it a nice "correct scale" appearance. I can only find 7 mm (or even larger diameter) wire.

I prefer a local supplier in mainland Europe over US, UK or Alibaba to avoid issues with customs.

Regards,

Xander

The silicon insulated wire often use for the leads on electrical test meters works well and should not be hard to get even a couple of spare leads cut up would do

Xander
Hemingway kits UK
Graham

Attachments

• WIRE.png
    WIRE.png
    476.9 KB · Views: 69
I just used an old multimeter test lead as Jason suggests. The insulation is quite adequate for what we want and the diameter is only 3-4 mm.

Attachments

• Belden wire.jpg
    Belden wire.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 53
Problem withn Minimag and Hemmingway, etc is the post Brexit postage will make it so expensive, hence the request for mainland European suppliers.

I know you want local but I have shipped from the US all over the world and never a problem with customs. I have 10kv black wire with a 0.099 inch diameter as well as plugs that range from 1/4-32 to as small as 6-56. The 10-40 - 6-56 plugs have boots available. I have shipped all over the world and usually under 20 usd shipping.

I have used a coax cable, like RG58 for spark plugs. Strip off the outer insulation and the braided shield. That leaves a conductor of about the right diameter for model spark plug wire. Coax should be common from any electrical supplier.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

I will start with either some multimeter wires or Coax, as I have both of them in sufficient quantity at home.

Regards,

Xander

Back