Where to buy 7/32 inch brass hex?

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tmuir

Reaction score
I'm trying to restore an old toy and I need to find some 7/32 inch brass hex rod.
I've checked all the suppliers I know and none of them stock that size. I only need a couple of inches but would buy 12 inches if I can just to give me some spare if I ever need it again.

Don't care what country I need to order from as long as they post to Australia and take credit card.

In a pinch I may be able to use 3/16 hex which I have but it would look odd next to the other 7/32 inch hex.

Thanks
Tony

Thanks a lot for that.
Will look for 5BA locally, failing that will order from one of the two places you gave.

Smallparts.com may have it, but watch out. I ordered some 3/8" brass hex from them a few weeks ago because it was at a good price (not unreasonably good, but pretty good) and they up and cancelled the order at the last minute.... now I see the price has doubled. That pisses me off.

Hmmm ... Why are Australians more willing to ship to the US than English vendors? This isn't just in mechanical tools & material but across the board. I won't even bookmark companies who don't ship to the US and have deleted a number of earlier bookmarks, most of which were for English firms. On the up side, the ones who do ship are extraordinarily helpful so they do compensate nicely.

I also have a problem with mainlanders who refuse to ship to Hawaii but that's another story.

BEst regards,

Kludge ... the vendor-unloved. ;D

Kludge said:
Hmmm ... Why are Australians more willing to ship to the US than English vendors?

Kludge ... the vendor-unloved. ;D

'cos we're a bunch of nice blokes, that's why.

Another option, Tony, might be George Weston & Sons: http://www.georgeweston.com.au/

They are located at Murarrie in Brisbane.

Hang on, I just had a look through their site and it appears they don't stock 7/32... bugger. Still, they are a good source and will cut you a piece of brass as long or short as you like :)

Good luck!

Gordon

Tony i just loaded all my kit on a semi trailer

i'm sure i have a few inch bit ( 3-5" i think) somewhere on the truck

i use that as the handle tip bolt ( 1/2" long) for my Brown Bess Flinty ram rod (Marine carbine)

will go down in the morning to check the tarp, ( rain and wind here today)

if i can spot it i'll grab it but its a bun fight so no promises eh

EJ winter like tel reckons its cheaper than where i used to get it

or Ozition.com.au look up offcuts-galore and see what he has, when he has it its cheap.

catch you tomorrow

jack

George is in hospital for surgery, and might be out of action for a while.

bugger..
hope he's back on deck soon..

good bloke eh

way more ways than one ,

tel, cheers for letting us know eh

jack

Got this the other day

Hi Terry,
I've received news from my doctor today that I'm to be admitted to hospital on the 8th December for an operation. This short notice has only given me only three days this week to pack and dispatch your goods immediately.
I understand that I'm to be released from hospital on the 15th December, however, I'm not certain if I'll have the physical capacity or stamina to provide the same level of service.
I've been told to expect a full recovery takes approximately six weeks from the time of the operation.

He's baaaack! - This in from George a short while ago

Hi Terry,
I've reset the OZtion site back to normal as I'm a defiant patient and can't stand being in bed all day.
Please accept my delivery cycle times will be slower than usual as the anticipated full recovery period was six weeks from operation. I'll shut down over the festive season for two or three weeks.
cheers for now. george.
(OG)

Glad offcuts-galore is ok as I've made a few purchases from him and expect I will make a lot more as he prices beats anything I can get elsewhere.

Haven't ordered my brass yet as work and Christmas preparations have got in my way.

Latest posts

Back