Where is my friend Singapore Gus??

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian Rupnow

Design Engineer
Project of the Month Winner
Reaction score
For a few years on this forum, we has a gentleman from Singapore named Gus. Gus lived in a hi-rise apartment and had his lathe and mill out on his balcony. He built a few simpler engines and then got involved in a Malcolm Stride twin that was too complex for his experience and was struggling. He was a great fisherman, and talked a lot about his "other hobby", fishing. I liked Gus, he was about my age and I enjoyed talking with him on the forum. He never posts here now, and I kind of miss him. Does anybody know what became of Gus??---Brian Rupnow

He is pretty active on Facebook. He sold his boat. He is building audio equipment like amplifiers, coils etc. He is also doing home gardening now on his balcony. Still an interesting individual.

I remember him working on his balcony, often wondered how he did it. He used to work for Ingersol Rand I believe. We shared a couple stories working those XLE 150'S. He even invited down fishing should I find myself in Singapore since we both like fishing. Good dude, I hope he's well also.

I am glad he is well.

I also liked Gus and corresponded with him a little. I was sorry when he stopped posting here.

On the other hand, I am glad that a few more "interesting individuals" have joined. Checking this forum is part of my ritual most days.

--ShopShoe

Latest posts

Back