Where are you from?

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I don't know about other members on here, but when someone asks a question or wants something, it is so annoying every time to ask their location to see if I can easily reply to their request.

I am from the UK, and unless the person tells me where they come from (even just the main country would do most times) it is very difficult to answer with the correct information.

Is there some way to make their location a required part of registering on the site?

John

I checked on it for you John and it turns out that it is now required as part of the sign-up process. Of course members from before the change may not have entered location info.

Hi, i am from Norway with roots from Finland in 5. generation. Also i'm Kven people :)

You can see my signature where i am from --> "Jens Eirik, Bergen in Norway" :)

Long time since I was in Bergen. Went on a Red Cross Winter Survival Course in Gol with Colonel Riiser-Larsen and a guy from Bergen who had been in Dachau Concentration Camp.

So greetings from the other end of of the crossing from Bergen to nearAlbert Edward Dock near Newcastle.

Cheers

Norman

Living in south Africa. Johannesburg
I spent 18 year's in Rhodesia (Zimbabwe )

hello adding mine El Paso Texas Usa , originally from Anbauch Germany... Happy labor day! Cheers jame

Hi everyone. I'm from Australia NSW Jon. I'm retired and trying to get a bit of time to do more of what I would like to do and start on making a model, may be a steam engine of some sort but may have to get a better Milling machine. Mine is the old fashioned one without a dovetail pedestal and has some limitations. I'm in awe at the quality of work and enthusiasm you folk have. I have a workshop /Garage, abut 7 Meters Sq and have a Chinese lathe with 6 1/2"throw, a Taiwanese Mill Drill and have collected some tools to go with them. No DRO's they are on the wish list.
I have an Engineering background having started my working life with a 5 year indentured apprenticeship at the naval dockyard in Sydney. Subsequently a couple of post trade courses and a Metallurgy Diploma. After this went a bit academic and life's family pressures and 5 Kids, built two homes on the way, making everything except the nails so to speak. 16 years ago refurbished a Citroen 1974 D Series which takes up quite a lot of space in the workshop. I'm also interested in woodwork and have some machines to go with that interest.
I hope this has not bored you good folk.
Cheers for now.

Hi Shopmate
I had 2 Citroen's Both DS 19 s the second one , I changed the wet sleeves and improved the engine from 1900 cc to 2100 cc and also swapped out the gearbox fro a 4 speed to 5 speed . I dont Know where I found the time I also Repaired the hydraulics and recharged the suspension Nitrogen spheres

I would just like to add, it isn't specifically for myself but for everyone.
Someone in the posts said that it didn't matter to him because things can be posted. Well when I send someone something I don't usually charge, but for a lot of postal schemes around the world, it can get rather expensive. I once sent a small package to Moscow by courier and it cost me nearly 100 pounds, if I had known that beforehand I would have got him to pay for it.

Knowing where someone comes from can benefit both people, if they live within easy travelling distance, good friends are soon made and the person usually gets what he wants the next day or in some cases the same day.
Also giving someone links to items for sale can usually result in the person not getting what he wants because it is in another country.

How long does it take to enter your location?
It can help stop stress when someone wants to reply and doesn't know where the recipient lives.

John

Latest posts

Back