Where are the pictures?

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ropetangler

Reaction score
G'Day All, I have just come across your site from the "Homemade Tools" website, and as it looks likely to be full of interest to me, I have signed up.
I have a question though, and my apologies if this is not the correct place to ask, (and Moderators please feel free to relocate this query if necessary). The link that bought me here is this one http://www.homemodelenginemachinist.com/f28/modifying-my-home-built-tool-cutter-grinder-16509/
but I have no access to the pictures referred to in the article. Have they been deleted or is there a way for me to see them?
ATM I do not even have an icon displayed as a place-holder for any of the pictures, so any info appreciated, Thanks from Tasmania, Australia.

Welcome Ropetangler, I have no trouble seeing the pictures from the link that you posted. The member who posted the article is still very much active on this forum. Try again sometime and see what happens.

Paul.

Hi Ropetangler and welcome to HMEM.

I can also see the photos from my side.

Vince

I also am unable to view the pictures on the linked thread. Usually when pictures are missing from old thread the poster has either deleted them or more likely renamed or reorganized them on the hosting site (ie. photobucket). This wouldn't explain why some can and some cannot see the pictures in this thread though.

I can still view the pictures even when I log out and check the site. Maybe there are problems with your program that you use for the Internet.

Paul.

Strangely enough I can't see the pictures.
I'm using win7 and opera.

Roy.

The photos do not show up here with Win7 and Firefox but do show up using Win 7 and Internet Explorer. Seem to be an issue with the browser.
Gail in NM

I don't see the pics with Firefox, but can see them using Internet Explorer on same computer.

I can see them using Firefox on my desktop running Win 8.1, and also on my Ipad. Maybe try clearing cookies and try again.

Paul.

I did not see the photos using Win 7 and current Firefox, but same computer and can see them with current version of Chrome.

Must be something in Firefox stopping them.

I grabbed the URL for one of the photos by using Explorer and reloaded it into the thread. Seems to work OK but I don't have time to do the rest right now.
Gail in NM

G'Day All, thanks for the welcoming comments and the input you have all provided, — apologies for not getting back sooner, but I have had some other duties to attend to here. I too have now got pictures when I changed browsers from Firefox to Safari on my iMac. My Mac OS is 10.6.8 and I was using Firefox V28, but have now updated to V29.0.1 but have not yet tried to view this website on the new version. I will try it and if it makes any difference I will report back to this group to pass on the result.
I am a bit surprised that Firefox has issues as it has been my experience that it is a pretty robust browser, and any issues would have shown up before I would have thought.
Thanks again, to all who have participated and hopefully all will be sorted with the various browsers soon. Regards,
Rob in Tasmania, Australia, Fine and sunny, late Autumn, 8℃ or (47℉) for you blokes.

PS. I have since checked with Firefox v29.0.1 and still no go with it, on Mac OS10.6.8.

Last edited:
Back