When playing on a scooter....

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlakeMcKee

Reaction score
....and you go into the grass, DO NOT touch that front brake.

Needless to say my face hurts.

P.S: Do not play on a scooter....

Lesson learned :big:.

Well let's just hope that you learned two important lessons today:

1) learn to stay on the sidewalk or pavement (out of the grass)

2) use the front brake only sparingly

I know that you were wearing head protection so that should not have been an issue.

"Ride to live and live to ride"

BC1
Jim

Even with a brain bucket you can still end up with road rash on yer face....

Blake... Don't use the front brake in the grass... Mmmm-k?

;)

Needless to say my face hurts.
reminds me of the old mountain bikers t shirt "plants to avoid" chemical plants , nuclear plants ,poisonous plants and FACE plants.!!!
Tin

One of these weould be much safer!

steam_spider_3d.jpg

Reminds me of the first mini bike I bought for my boys.

The brake was nothing more than a steel plate the rubbed on the back tire, and
the pedal was on the LEFT side!

Of course Dad has to test it out for safety first.
I'm searching with my right foot for a brake and there's nothing there.
Luckily there were several rows of closely planted scotch pine trees there to help me stop.

That left a mark! :D

Rick

My Grandsons, (1 for real, 2 step), received a mini bike for Xmas about 3 years ago. Like Rick I had to show them how the old timers scrambled in their youth.

I still don't know how they kept a straight face whilst extracting me and the bike from a hitherto unseen bush some 20 yards from my departure point.

Best Regards
Bob

Maryak said:
My Grandsons, (1 for real, 2 step), received a mini bike for Xmas about 3 years ago. Like Rick I had to show them how the old timers scrambled in their youth.

I still don't know how they kept a straight face whilst extracting me and the bike from a hitherto unseen bush some 20 yards from my departure point.

Best Regards
Bob

Bob

Your grandsons may have kept a straight face but I didn't. I was laughing my a55 off. Rof} Rof} Rof} Rof} :hDe:

Cheers :)

Don

The grandsons were probably the ones responsible for planting the bush there. :big: :big:

BC1
Jim

At least it wasn't a burning bush!

hahaha thats funny. i did that with a honda 90 trail bike front brake on dirt road at 50 mph flip sid hit the road head first slit helmet in too i still have a bald spot from that .
then another time took of on my newly acquired street bike 0-150 in like 10 seconds a barbed wire fence and me all tangled up not a pretty picture. but my brother could not stop laughing for an hour to this day he still starts laughing when he sees me. yup many more of those left in the back of the brain.

My accident on a Hardly Davidson was lot worse in 2003. :redface2: Out of commission for months.

Should have bought a milling machine instead... :wall:

George

Back