Whats in your tool box ???

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff02

Reaction score
Tools don’t make the man but sure do help to make to part

I like acquiring tools just as much as using them and thought it would be cool to see what's in your tool box too.

IMG_0654.jpg

IMG_0648.jpg

IMG_0649.jpg

IMG_0650.jpg

IMG_0651.jpg

IMG_0652.jpg

IMG_0653.jpg

IMG_0656.jpg

Thanks for looking!!!!!!

well okay, I will play at least with my hobby tools. Otherwise I have a garage full of general mechanics and construction tools too. that is some of it anyway

P1010032-2.jpg

P1010031-2.jpg

P1010030-2.jpg

P1010029-2.jpg

P1010034.jpg

P1010035-2.jpg

P1010033-1.jpg

P1010037-2.jpg

P1010038-1.jpg

CMS said:
which one?

Exactly ;D not quite as big but I have a couple RC tool boxes, couple of machinist tool boxes, a plastic model tool box, a construction jobber box, and a mechanics box in the garage and a store room full of assorted power tools.

I've got several tool boxes but none of the tools or boxes are as nice as whats above.
Maybe I'll just post a photo of my watch makers toolbox as thats will atleast have different stuff in it

Now that I've brought my work tool boxes home I have two completely different sets of tools.

My hobby tool boxes are filled with mostly import tools, resharpened end mills import drill bits and tiny taps and dies.

The work tool box is all Mitutoyo and Starrett tools. The smallest tap is 1/2"-20 and the smallest die is 3/4"-10.
Most of that stuff is of little use or advantage in my hobby shop so that box is in a back corner of the basement
for now.

Rick

Well, let's see....I have:

An Enco catalog, a McMaster catalog, a Travers catalog, a Grizzly catalog, a Precision Mathews sales brochure, a cleaned out space in my shop, 31 books about machining and model making, and a bunch of frustration, impatience, and envy. I also have 60% of the money saved that I need to start.

Nice, huh? :'( OK, now I'm depressed too.....

Ed

Don't get depressed Ed, it will all come eventually. Good things come to those that wait.

I am a bit like Rick, I have a few work toolboxes in deep storage, most probably will never see the light of day again, but I don't have toolboxes in the shop as such, the shop is actually my toolbox. The only ones in any sort of box are all my precision instruments I have gathered over many years, and that is a 1 metre wide kitchen cabinet, and is rather full.

Bogs

Bogstandard said:
the shop is actually my toolbox.

Bogs

Likewise. I prefer to put my tools on pegboard or shelves near the tool they get used on. I have separate pegboards & shelves for the mill, lathe, drill press, table saw, router table, welder, etc.

Cedge has been trying to ignore this thread.....LOL. Too many other things going on right now.

Steve

I guess I don't belong on this board. The first picture shows the tools in the top drawer of my tool box. The second picture is from the bottom drawer where I keep my tools for model making. The mic is 9"

OldTools.jpg

BigTools.jpg

BigBore said:
Well, let's see....I have:
Ed

Ed,
Looks like your grandbaby is growing fast, already holding his head up.
That boys better to have right now than any old toolbox.
SAM

That is one neat tool box. Biggest one I've seen.

When do you plan to put wheels on it and bring it home?

putputman said:
When do you plan to put wheels on it and bring it home?

I've got to save the $450 to put wheels under it in the form of a double bogey tilt tray truck with dogs and transport it to my daughters place. ;D

Best Regards
Bob

This is what I've gathered over the last year and a half of collecting.
001-26.jpg

002-19.jpg

003-19.jpg

004-17.jpg

005-14.jpg

006-10.jpg

007-8.jpg

008-7.jpg

009-5.jpg

010-4.jpg

011-5.jpg

012-4.jpg

013-4.jpg

I also use the walls as a tool box too.
015-1.jpg

016.jpg

017.jpg

018.jpg

Matt

1hand said:
This is what I've gathered over the last year and a half of collecting.
001-26.jpg

002-19.jpg

003-19.jpg

004-17.jpg

005-14.jpg

006-10.jpg

007-8.jpg

008-7.jpg

009-5.jpg

010-4.jpg

011-5.jpg

012-4.jpg

013-4.jpg

I also use the walls as a tool box too.
015-1.jpg

016.jpg

017.jpg

018.jpg

Matt

“Hoorah” Now that’s what I’m talking about!​

After looking at all these fine tool boxes, shops, etc...I have to express my disappointment...

More than one of you said this was all I needed...

cd81dfaa.jpg

If I remember who it was...I'm going to pay a little visit.

I wouldn't have had the file if it weren't for Dean...so it wasn't him.
Vernon? Nah. He lives too close and knows I come down to visit my brother on occasion.

I have my suspicions...but I won't say...not yet.

Back