Whats everyone's background in here?

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hexbasher

Reaction score
Seems like a good place for me to introduce myself

I'm Phil, 22 year old Canadian machinist

I'm pretty much a 3rd year apprentice (done the 2nd year exam, not registered yet). I work at a small jobber shop where I'm the lead hand. We have 1 manual horz mill, 1 virt/horz mill, 2 radial drills, 3lathes, 1 turret lathe, 1 surface grinder, 2 VMC, 1 HMC, 2 HTC, 2 migs, 1 tig, 2 horz saws, presses, drills, etc etc etc etc etc. Currently I go to school full time for a CNC machinist course (programing, CAD/CAM, etc etc) the last portion of my 2 year program....and i'm there till may...14 + hours a day

Use to be a fitter/steel fab at a large struct. steel shop where i was the first aid attendant besides runner-up to lead hand in my division.but i was a jack of all trades there anyways

tattooedmike told me aboot this place, kickin around for some ideas for a lil side project i have in mind

cheers

Hi Phil,
A big welcome from a big hearted website.
I am sure if you spend a few days trolling about the site you will find something that will fire your imagination, and if you ask the questions I am sure everyone will help you on your way to become a producer of little engines.

John

Welcome Phil!

BC Eh?
I have a step son in Kelowna that I hope to be visiting soon.

Rick

I am the sr draftsman for a glazing contractor down here in florida. i went to a vocational school for about 2 years taking mechanacal design specializing in autocad and autodesk inventor.

Back