What do you do?

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lugnut

Reaction score
Yesterday I was roaming the halls of Craigs List and found a 10” South Bend lathe located just a mile from where I live. Lots of goodies with it including a whole set of SB collets and closer. It has a taper attachment and about 300 lbs of other accessories. Steady, turret tails piece, tons of #2 MT bits and other tools. I’m not sure if it’s worth the $1000 that he wants for it? Any thoughts? He also has a big old mill, one I’ve never heard of , “INDEX” must weight a ton. I don’t know how it could be moved. Any ways, I walked away. Just not enough room in my dinky little shop for either.
Mel

Mel: With all that tooling it is probly worth it. You could always offer $8oo and see whay he says . What condition is the lathe year bench model floor model etc.
I Paid $ 750 for my 1937 9"long bed floor lathe a few years ago and then more for a stedy rest and extras I would not want to see it go for less than a grand. Not it is not for sale.
Tin

SB's in any shape routinely get $900-$1000+ around here. Ship it this way ;)

Back