What do you do while the turkey bakes?

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bovine

Reaction score
I have a broken flashlight that begs for understanding.

image-2760350974.jpg

Well I decided to do a little cooking of my own. Much to my wife's dismay I'm boiling my connecting rod in her coffee pot full of alum.:eek: Broke a #50 drill bit in it.:mad:
So it's off to the base, laying it out to mill the mains and fit the main caps.

I was fortunate enough to have yesterday off as well. Things at work have been a little slow and I have use or lose vacation I needed to take so the boss gave me the day off.
so did some de-cluttering around the house and shop. cleaned up some tools.
the cat had decided to park sweaty but on cool cast iron scroll saw table. So I had to sand scrub the rust off of that.Changed the oil in the car. Then cleaned up a rusty 4 jaw chuck face plate combo that someone had given me. Today deal with leaves in the yard and oil some tools in the shed. Change the oil in the wife's car ....
Tin

Whatever it is you do, do it out of the kitchen!

I often do a good portion of the cooking on holidays today just gravy making and turkey carving.

Tin

I know what you mean. I have been preping food for 2 days. At least I don't have to do the actual cooking.

Salvaging sawblades.

I have a bunch that were included in a sale of a DeWalt radial arm saw. I’m the third owner, the second purchased it all from the widder lady of the original who bought the saw ‘n stuff in 1968. All are H.S.S., set tooth, beautiful thick steel, not like the thin junk sold today holding up carbide tips. Used brake drum cleaner and wire brushes, shined up like new, got about 10 of ‘em done- oughtta last me until I leave this world.

I fixed my girlfriends freezer, fixed the bumper on her van. fixed her toilet. cleaned her chimney and washed ever dish dirtied in the last 2 days.

The the young women (2 step daughters and my daughter) went pie crazy, made 10 pies and 50 mini pies for the 8 of us. My girlfriend agrees its way too much pie.

Next year taco pizza take and bake it is. that will be something to be Thankful for. :)

Today was a continuation of yesterday. Making an arbor to extend the buffing wheel away from the motor. I'm restoring the signal cannon for the Yacht club, and I just love polished bronze, It has not been polished in the last 50 years at least, the cannon is 100 +years old. Much abruse in its life and it shows.

Like to get it done soon so I can go back to the engines waiting to be completed.

Latest posts

Back