What Are You Working On Today?

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks good Ralph. Some of the old Indy cars had that on the dash and I always thought it was cool looking.

Jones, I took too deep of cut on one of my cranks yesterday and bent it too. Going to finish it up and make it a display.

Jones, I’ve got every thing made except the Points, push-rod, sparkplug, exhaust pipe and cutting the gears. I’m going to try using some nylon gears that I bought online to get it running and then try my hand at cutting metal gears later. I’m going to have to disassemble and polish things up a little and make some bling-bling for it so John will be happy. :lol: It has been a eye-opening experience and I’ve learned a lot from it. This forum has been a big help.
Mel

I took too deep of cut on one of my cranks yesterday and bent it too. Going to finish it up and make it a display.

Kenny,
Words fail me (and that means a lot as usually I can't shut up).
DISPLAY - HUMBUG , get a new one made, to have gone so far and not give the poor little thing a breath of life is sacrilege. How would you feel if you broke a leg and they just put you on a shelf for the rest of your life. :lol:

Mel,
I don't need to see bling to make me happy, just seeing them made gives me more joy than anything else. Model engineering is a dying art form and to see new people taking over and making things, however humble, and enjoying doing it, gives me hope that it will carry on for at least another generation.

John

Oh no John,

I am making another crankshaft for the engine. I was going to make a little rack for the bent crank to display it. That will remind me not to get in a hurry.

Kenny

Phew,
Had me worried there Kenny, thought you were taking the easy way out.
Good idea displaying it.
If you are any good at silver soldering, built up crankshafts are dead easy compared to fully machined ones, don't look as nice though.

John

Your skills are really showing thru now Jack. Nice bit of machining.
Please keep showing us as you are going along, I am sure everyone is waiting for the next instalment.
Hopefully it will inspire a few of our members to try something a little bit more ambitious, once they see that even a complicated little engine can be fairly easily built if broken down into small stages.

Well done

John

Very nicely done Jack.

Beautiful fit and finish on your parts!

Rick

Latest posts

Back