What Are You Up To Today?

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Guys,

Thanks for the uplift to Senior member :eek:

A couple of simple questions:

What is meant by LOL ??? at first I thought Lots of Luck, but doesn't seem to fit with some of the places its been used.

What is Karma ???

When your up off the floor from laughing, please tell me.

Regards
Bob

Bob
LOL ........... is internet slang and the most widely accepted meaning (I believe) is "laughing out loud", though you could also use it in the context of "lots of love" or "lots of luck"

Karma ............. again just my opinion .......... is a bit of fun really, if someone does something you like or impresses you then hitting the "applaud" button gives them another vote or increases their Karma ;)

hth

CC

(hth = hope this helps ;) )

Thanks CC,

All is revealed :bow:

Regards
Bob

Rake60,

Loved your story about the 2 guys and the piano :big:

Reminded of an Agent we had from up Woomera way in the North.

He came down to the depot with his daughter and they had some 44gal drums of Diesel to load.

Now this lass was not what you would call an oil painting and she was probably wider than she was tall, (she was under 5ft). I'd say her COG was similar to that of a frustrum of a cone.

Anyway, one full drum fell off the tray of the truck, it didn't break! "Don't worry Dad," she cried. Bent down picked it up and placed it back on the tray of the truck :eek: :eek: :eek:

About 450 lbs

Gotta tell ya my mental note was very similar to yours re urine and exits ;D

Regards
Bob

rickharris said:
The cars are (mainly) built and run by a team of around 12 students aged 11 to 16 - the aim is to go as far as you can in 4 hours on 4 car batteries.

To take on a project like this is commendable for any group - it's addressing problems we don't have yet but are rapidly approaching - but for people that young, it is phenomenal. They are very special in my (read as: an old almost engineer ;)) eyes and I look forward to the progress with their next car.

BEst regards,

Kludge ... who is finally catching up with the thread

this am went to Market of Fleas bought a couple small tidbits of tooling. This afternoon had a fun and relaxing time met some new folks. The family had an engagement party for my niece. She had e-mailed a while back about making a monogram "V" out of metal as a topper for her wedding cake.
so I took some strips of aluminum and my scroll work setup to the party. And in about an hours time maybe more as I was not clock watching we designed and fabricated what they wanted. Now I just need to make a base so it will stand up but know what they want.
Love it when a plan falls together.
Tin

Spending the evening watching the lathe make chips... Working on the crankshaft for the Crusader. In my opinion, this part is the most complex of the project. Just taking it easy and am proceeding slowly. For the actual update, see this thread. I'll spend a couple more hours out there this evening and see where I wind up.

Brother had the day off, so we got the engine hoist and carefully rigged the column up onto my 2nd mill. That and a nice collection of odds and ends moves me ahead substantially in my CNC conversion. I now have ballscrews mounted for all 3 axes, and one shot oiling on 2 axes. Need to oil that 3rd axis and mount my motors. I will likely have to make up a couple of timing belt pulleys, which ought to be good fun on the rotab one afternoon.

Cheers,

BW

chuck foster said:
i don't know why he is scrapping it all but as long as he is giving it away it might as well come home with me ;D
Okay, now I know who to bug for metal. :big: :big: :big:

Seriously, that's a neat haul. Um, is it all put away yet?

Best regards,

Kludge

wareagle said:
All kidding aside, I could not have landed myself a more suitable bride!

You know that One Great Mistake we all make? Mine was to let that equivelent in my life get away. I've done a lot in my highly checkered past, including breaking all ten Commandments, but I am now at peace with all of that. I am not nor will I ever be at peace with that One Great Mistake. It cost me dearly in so many ways I can't even begin to count them and goes a long way toward explaining why there isn't a Ms Kludge now.

You are fortunate beyond imagination, W/E.

Best regards,

Kludge

Kludge, thank you for your kind words. I realize I am very fortunate to have what I do, and it makes it effortless to push any temptation away that would jeopardize a great thing! And besides all of that, I don't think there's another out there that would put up with me. ;)

Called it a night out in the Dawg House. Concentration level isn't there, so I shut it down and came on in.

Latest posts

Back