What are these castings for?

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
A good friend of mine recently went on, and I am tasked to find useful destinations for his machines, tools and materials. His collection shows that he was am avid home machinist for more than 65 years. Not everything is clear to me, as he was more into tools, machines and general construction and I myself more into clocks with some steam on the side. In a box in a corner I found a set of castings and components without any indication to their purpose. As my friend was quite interested in British engineering and manufacturing, and in general in tooling, it might be a set of materials to construct e.g. a tool grinder. Can anybody from the attached pictures help me out? As the materials seem to be of good quality it would be a pity to have to scrap them out of ignorance.
What for Castings? .JPG
What for castings 2.JPG

Last edited:
Absolutely. Mk I, I'd say. The casting for the spindle/motor mount is missing, but is possibly identical to the Mk III. Hemingway kits will likely be glad to sell someone that piece on its own.

If that part is not the same, a replacement column mount will need to be bought as well. Hemingway Kits will be able to advise.

Back